Microsoft Azure Academy looking for IT talent
The Microsoft Azure Academy is looking people eager to boost their ICT skills and set off their career as cloud engineer. Currently we are open for applications until Tuesday January 26th.
Ready to start a career in tech? The Microsoft Azure Academy is a training program, organized by Microsoft, ITPH Academy, the Refugee Talent Hub, during which you will get the training needed to become an Azure Professional. Not only hard skills will be part of the curriculum, but we will also focus on developing necessary soft skills such as presenting, personal leadership and project management. Next to this, you will get the opportunity for a job placement at a Microsoft partner or customer to get ready for your role within the Dutch IT sector.
Currently we are open for applications for the role of cloud engineers.
Why choose the Microsoft Azure Academy?
With technology evolving in a fast pace, skilled ICT professionals are in high demand. So, what are the reasons to choose a career in ICT and apply for the Microsoft Azure Academy?
• Fast growing sector, which results in many job opportunities.
• ICT is quickly evolving: you get the opportunity to work with the latest innovations
• You will build your network and come in contact.
with organizations, Microsoft partners and professionals.
• You will be personally coached throughout the program
• 80% of Microsoft Azure Academy candidates have found an ICT related job
The Academy consists of a 24 weeks intensive training in hard and soft skills as well as a work experience placement.
• 16 – 20 weeks hard skills leading to Microsoft Azure Certification
• A soft skill program like project management, presenting, personal leadership
• 2 weeks real life business case
• 4 – 8 weeks work experience placement
• Personal coaching.
About the role
As a cloud engineer you examine whether current systems can also function in the cloud or if new systems are needed. You select the proper software and rewrite it if necessary, so that everything will be available and safe in the cloud. You find out how you can connect programs through one another. For example: customer-, accounting- and logistics systems. Testing, monitoring, and maintaining the systems is also part of your job.
In this position you will certainly not work at your desktop all day long. You also are in close contact with others: you often work in project teams; you consult customers, and you assist employees via support. It is a varied job that includes architecture, management, and security. There is a high demand for cloud engineers, for example you may work with companies such as Amazon, Apple, Cisco, Deloitte, IBM, KPMG, Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce.
During this training you will acquire all knowledge and skills that you need in practical situations. You will get acquainted with Cloud concepts and Azure Administration and you will learn how to work with Windows 10 and Configuring Authorization & Authentication and Implementing Windows 10. You will apply your newly acquired knowledge in realistic practical situations so as to achieve an optimal learning efficiency.
The training covers the following topics:
• Azure Administration
• Virtual Networking
• Azure Virtual Machines
• Serverless Computing
• Windows 10
• Configuring Networking
• Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
• Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
• Device Enrollment
• Managing Authentication in Azure AD
• Practical assignment
• Soft skills training
• Self-study (16 – 24 hours per week)
• You have acquired a MBO4+ level
• You have technical insight and affinity with IT
• You possess mathematical and analytical skills
• You have resolving capacities
• You are pragmatic
• You are communicative
• You are creative and a genuine team player
• You are proficient in English and Dutch
Certification & exams
After successfully finishing the traineeship you will have acquired the following certifications:
• Exam AZ 900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
• Exam AZ 104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
• Exam MD 100: Windows 10
• Exam MD 101: Managing Modern Desktop