Finding a job with a refugee background can be challenging. For example, because you have a small professional network, know little about the Dutch labor market or find it difficult to meet employers. To overcome these challenges, ABN AMRO and Refugee Talent Hub are offering this mentoring program to you. There is limited space, so register quickly for the ABN AMRO Mentoring Program
What is the mentoring program?
During the mentoring program, you will receive guidance from a mentor from ABN AMRO for 6 months. Together, you will boost your professional development and find your way on the Dutch labor market. You will receive support from your mentor in multiple ways, including:
- Setting career goals and formulating concrete next steps for your career;
- Discovering what your talents / ambitions / competencies / skills / development points are;
- Discovering which careers / jobs / sectors / companies / courses / trainings are a good fit for you;
- Improving your CV / LinkedIn page / motivation letters to present yourself better on the Dutch labor market;
- Practicing job interviews;
- Enhancing networking skills and learning how to identify opportunities to grow your network.
During the mentoring program, your mentor will share their knowledge, skills, and professional network with you. On the other hand, your mentor can also learn a lot from you! In addition, you will learn more about the other mentors and mentees, work in general, and ABN AMRO in particular during the joint events and online check-ins.
What is the mentoring program not?
- The mentoring program is not a full time training. You will talk to your mentor about once a week for 6 months. During these meetings you will work on your professional development. In addition, your mentor will help you to find your way on the Dutch labor market. You will also talk to the organization and other mentors and mentees during the joint events and online check-ins. If you want to follow full-time training courses, you can, of course, search with your mentor for full-time training courses that suit you.
- The mentor program is not a job interview or guarantee of a job at ABN AMRO. However, the mentor program does increase your chances of finding a job on the Dutch labor market because it helps you increase your network, skills and knowledge about the Dutch labor market.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
About ABN AMRO
ABN AMRO is one of the largest banks in the Netherlands. The bank is serving clients within several sectors, like retail, private banking, and corporate banking. The bank is operating internationally. In the Netherlands ABN AMRO offers a wide range of services and products via several channels, like Mobile Banking and internet Banking.
What do we expect from you?
You have a refugee background;
You would like to increase your chances on the labor market;
You are present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
From the 15th of June on, you can meet once every week with your mentor, either in-person or online over the course of 6 months;
Must: Your English is at a sufficient level to participate in this mentor program;
You are enthusiastic and motivated to get the most out of the mentor program;
You have access to a computer (with camera) and internet, which is necessary for video calls.
- Kick-off (live*): 15th of June
- First check-in (online): 3rd of July
- Second check-in (online): 7th of September
- Live event (live): 14th of September
- Third check-in (online): 26th of October
- Closing event (live*): 14th of December
*The live meetings will take place at the ABN AMRO offices however travel expenses will NOT be compensated.
How do I register?
So, are you unsure which next steps to take in your career? Are you interested in learning how to get the most out of job interviews? Do you want to expand your professional network and get in touch with the right people? Then sign up for the new ABN AMRO Mentor Program!
- Please make sure that your CV has been uploaded;
- If you are selected, we expect you to be present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
- The registration deadline is on 30th of April.
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful professional development opportunity!