Deloitte Mentoring Program
Finding a job with a refugee background can be challenging. For example, because you have a small professional network, know little about the Dutch labour market or find it difficult to meet employers. To overcome these challenges, Deloitte and the Refugee Talent Hub offer you this mentoring program. There is limited space, so register quickly for the Deloitte Mentoring Program!
What is the mentoring program?
- During the mentoring program, you will receive guidance from a mentor from Deloitte for 4 months. Together, you will boost your professional development and find your way in the Dutch labour market. You will receive support from your mentor in multiple ways, including:
Setting career goals and formulating concrete next steps for your career;
- Discovering what your talents / ambitions / competencies / skills / development points are;
- Discovering which careers / jobs / sectors / companies / courses / trainings are a good fit for you;
- Improving your CV / LinkedIn page / motivation letters to present yourself better in the Dutch labour market;
- Practising job interviews;
- Enhancing networking skills and learning how to identify opportunities to grow your network.
- During the mentoring program, your mentor will share their knowledge, skills, and professional network with you. On the other hand, your mentor can also learn a lot from you! In addition, you will learn more about the other mentors and mentees, work in general, and Deloitte in particular during the joint events and online check-ins.
What is the mentoring program not?
- The mentoring program is not a full-time training. You will talk to your mentor about once a week for 4 months. During these meetings, you will work on your professional development. In addition, your mentor will help you to find your way in the Dutch labour market. You will also talk to the organization and other mentors and mentees during the joint events and online check-ins. If you want to follow full-time training courses, you can, of course, search with your mentor for full-time training courses that suit you.
- The mentor program is not a job interview or guarantee of a job at Deloitte. However, the mentor program does increase your chances of finding a job in the Dutch labor market because it helps you increase your network, skills and knowledge about the Dutch labour market.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
With over 6,500 people in 15 offices across the Netherlands, Deloitte is one of the largest providers of professional services in the areas of accountancy, tax advisory, consultancy, risk management and financial advisory. Deloitte not only has an economic responsibility but also a social one. Our aim is that our various activities have as much community impact as possible. Deloitte offers an inclusive working environment in which there is room for differences. All these different colleagues represent many dimensions of diversity. We are convinced that we can best help our customers with a diversity of colleagues. After all, the problems they have are increasingly divergent.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a refugee background;
- You would like to increase your chances in the Dutch labour market;
- You are present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
- From March on, you can meet once every week with your mentor, either in-person or online over the course of 4 months;
- Your English is at a sufficient level to participate in this mentor program;
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to get the most out of the mentor program;
- You have access to a computer (with camera) and internet, which is necessary for video calls.
- Kick-off (live*): Tuesday 7 March 9.30 – 12.30
- First check-in (online): Tuesday 4 April 11.30 – 12.30
- In-house event (live*): Tuesday 9 May 11.30 – 13.30
- Second check-in (online): Tuesday 6 June 11.30 – 12.30
- Closing event (live*): Tuesday 4 July 9.30 - 12.30
*The live meetings will take place at the Deloitte Office in Rotterdam and travel expenses will be compensated.
How do I register?
So, are you unsure which next steps to take in your career? Are you interested in learning how to get the most out of job interviews? Do you want to expand your professional network and get in touch with the right people? Then sign up for the new Deloitte Mentor Program!
- Please make sure that your CV has been uploaded;
- If you are selected, we expect you to be present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
- The registration deadline is on the 30st of January 2023.
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact us at email@example.com. We hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful professional development opportunity!