Are you a motivated candidate with a strong background/interest in engineering? Do you want to work at a world-leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions? And do you want to develop yourself on both a technical and personal level in a fast-paced working environment? Then Arcadis could be the right place for you! From December onwards, Arcadis, New Dutch Connections and The Refugee Talent Hub are organizing another six-month Talent Academy for refugee talents with a wide variety of engineering and data organizing backgrounds.
About the Arcadis Talent Academy
The Arcadis Talent Academy is a 6 month program, with a paid job as goal. The aim of the Talent Academy is to give talents with a refugee background the chance to develop their skills and experience what it’s like to work at Arcadis. The Academy focuses on learning on the job. Besides working on actual projects together with colleagues, talents are offered Dutch language training as well as soft skill training. During the Academy, talents are guided by a buddy (Arcadian), team leader or manager and an external buddy from New Dutch Connections. A team of Arcadis is involved to ensure a smooth integration within the company itself.
Arcadis is the world’s leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets. With sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our focus is on maximizing our impact aimed at improving quality of life. The solutions we develop address important societal challenges around resilience, places, and mobility. At Arcadis we believe investing in the Refugee Talent Academy is the best way to make our society and economy stronger and more inclusive. This way we make a difference. The new perspectives that the talents bring can be of even better value for our customers and society. For talents with a refugee background, academies like this can make the difference in personal and professional development. For us it is the way to learn and to strengthen our impact on equal opportunities. This way, we can make a difference and be of more significance to our clients and society as whole.
In fields such as:
● Road & Rail: Engineering, Designing infrastructure, designing railways. Drawing with AutoCad and 3D or ProVi. Study Bachelor in Civil engineering (Language all levels). For this department a mbo-background (practical educational background) is also accepted for registration. (Amersfoort or Amsterdam)
● Energy systems: High voltage engineering, Engineering with Revit, BIM 360 and L-CAD (Language all levels). (Amersfoort or Amsterdam)
● Stewards and property management: digitization work with GIS and Power BI and general GIS work (min 16 hours a week) (Language all levels). (Amsterdam, Den Bosch or Arnhem)
● Cost & Datamanagement: Supporting with cost engineering and project calculations. Study bachelor civil engineering or structural engineering (Language all levels). For this department a mbo-background (practical educational background) is also accepted for registration. (Amsterdam or Arnhem)
● Project Management Advisory (IPPM): project management, planning, digital support (Relatics, Sharepoint) and coordination of technical specialists. You will work for 24h/week in our project for the Water Framework Directive and Nature Development Study, with the possibility to work the rest of the time on other projects. Required education: college degree in (technical) business administration or engineering (e.g. civil engineering, water management, physical geography). NL level minimum B1 (Location: Deventer & Arnhem).
What we expect from you
● You have a status (residence permit);
● You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English B2 (mandatory) and Dutch (preferable on A2); or English on A2 and Dutch on B2 level;
● You can work and think at HBO or WO level;
● You don’t mind travelling by train to one of our locations (Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Arnhem or Den Bosch)
● You have relevant working experience in electrical engineering, civil engineering, civil engineering & management, industrial engineering & management, Geotechnical engineering (GIS), Architecture and structural engineering or mechanical engineering
● You are results-driven and a proactive team player
Sign up for this great opportunity as soon as possible at Arcadis! Don’t forget to upload the latest version of your CV on our website. The application deadline is 15 September 2023
Please note that the deadline might be closed earlier if we receive a large amount of applications. So please make sure you register as soon as possible!