Are you a motivated candidate with a strong background/interest in engineering? Do you want to work at a world-leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions? And do you want to develop yourself on both a technical and personal level in a fast-paced working environment? Then Arcadis could be the right place for you! From November onwards, Arcadis, New Dutch Connections and The Refugee Talent Hub are organizing another six-month Talent Academy for refugee talents with a wide variety of engineering and data organizing backgrounds.
About the Arcadis Talent Academy
The Arcadis Talent Academy is a 6 month program, with as goal a paid job. The aim of the Talent Academy is to give talents with a refugee background the chance to develop their skills and experience what it’s like to work at Arcadis. The Academy focuses on learning on the job. Besides working on actual projects together with colleagues, talents are offered Dutch language training as well as soft skill training. During the Academy, talents are guided by a buddy (Arcadian), team leader or manager and an external buddy from New Dutch Connections. A team of Arcadis is involved to ensure a smooth integration within the company itself.
Arcadis is the world’s leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets. With sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our focus is on maximizing our impact aimed at improving quality of life. The solutions we develop address important societal challenges around resilience, places, and mobility.
At Arcadis we believe investing in the Refugee Talent Academy is the best way to make our society and economy stronger and more inclusive. This way we make a difference. The new perspectives that the talents bring can be of even better value for our customers and society. For talents with a refugee background, academies like this can make the difference in personal and professional development. For us it is the way to learn and to strengthen our impact on equal opportunities. This way, we can make a difference and be of more significance to our clients and society as whole.
In fields such as:
- Nature & Biodiversity; fieldwork, management of species and study of animal behaviour. Education: Biology or ecology;
- River Coast & Sea: Hydraulic engineering; Big water projects for the sea, rivers and other big water area’s. Education: Coastal engineering, Civil engineering
- Sustainability & behavior: Improving sustainability in constructions and infrastructure. Education: industrial engineering and management, Engineering and management (Dutch level: B2+)
- Policies & smart innovation in mobility; This discipline has everything to do with studying, implementing, and evaluating of complex, multidisciplinary projects in mobility, with keeping attention to the impact of human behaviour and communication. Education: industrial engineering and management, Civil Engineering and management (Dutch level: B2+)
- Procesengineer: This discipline has everything to do with advising, designing, and engineering of (production) processes in the pharmaceutical and food industry. You carry out studies and design production processes in the industry. These processes vary from mass-and energy balances, and you develop them to P&ID’s. Education: chemical engineering/ foodtechnology/ process technology
Wat we expect from you
- You have a status (residence permit);
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English B2 (mandatory) and Dutch (preferable on A2); or English on A2 and Dutch on B2 level;
- You can work and think at HBO or WO level;
- You don’t mind travelling by train to one of our locations (Amersfoort, Rotterdam, Arnhem, Den Bosch, Zwolle, Amsterdam, Hoorn)
- You have relevant working experience in biology/ecology, Coastal engineering, civil engineering & management, industrial engineering & management, chemical engineering/ foodtechnology/ process technology
- You are results-driven and a proactive team player
Sign up for this great opportunity as soon as possible at Arcadis! Don’t forget to upload the latest version of CV on our website. The application deadline is at 12:00 on the 5th of December 2022.