Essent aims to contribute to equal chances on the Dutch labor market for refugee talents by organizing an extensive professional mentor program with Refugee Talent Hub. In this program, you will be matched with an IT professional from Essent, from whom you will receive guidance to boost your professional development and make steps with the ultimate goal in finding a job. Interested? Sign up now!
About the Mentorprogram
Many refugees are eager to start working, but face difficulties when entering the Dutch labor market. As a newcomer, you may have a small professional network, know little about the Dutch labor market and find it difficult to meet employers. This Essent IT mentor program offers you an opportunity to help you overcome these challenges through the guidance of an Essent professional.
As a mentee, you will be supported by an IT professional from Essent in multiple ways, including:
- Setting career goals, formulating concrete next steps for during mentoring program;
- Getting a better understanding of the IT landscape in NL and the latest developments in the Corporate IT market.
- Of course support & guidance in improving your CV / Linkedin page / portfolio of IT projects but also personal story-tellling and branding
- Preparing for possible job interviews by practicing interview questions, and discussing how to follow-up;
- Enhance networking skills, and learn how to identify networking opportunities to grow your network.
The structure of the program:
- The kick-off will take place on the 3rd of October, 2023, at the Essent office in Den Bosch;
- You will be matched with a mentor at Essent who will give you one-on-one guidance and support over the course of 4 months;
- There will be 2 online check-ins with your fellow mentees and Refugee Talent Hub; on the 24th of October and the 14th of December 2023;
- Essent will also provide at least 1 additional training (live!): An Agile workshop and the Essent Talent Scan workshop (23rd November 2023).
Good to know: Transportation costs will be covered by Essent for all live events (kick-off, live workshop(s), closing event).
So, are you unsure which next steps to take in your IT career? Are you interested in learning how to get the most out of job interviews? Find & establish a career instead of a job? Do you want to expand your professional network and get in touch with the right people? Then sign up for the new Essent mentor program!
What do we expect from you?
- You are an IT professional with a refugee background.
- You would like to increase your chances on the labor market;
- You have an open, proactive attitude and eager to learn;
- Must: Your English is at least at a professional working proficiency level to participate in this mentor program;
- Your CV is in our database;
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to get the most out of the mentor program;
- You make time for (online) appointments with your mentor, check-ins, and additional workshops;
- You have access to a device (with camera) and internet, which is necessary for video calls.
How do I register?
Please apply if you are interested in participating in this mentorprogram. It is required to upload your current CV to your account. The final deadline is August 30.
Please note! If there are many more applications than places for this program, we could close the registration earlier than this aforementioned date.
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact us at email@example.com. We hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful professional development opportunity!
**About Essent IT **
We are Essent. Since 1909 we provide energy to our customers. Millions of customers and businesses choose Essent or one of her other labels energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron on a daily basis. In our own unique way we deliver what we excel at: affordable and sustainable energy solutions for everyone.
Essent is at the heart of today’s biggest transitions: Energy! Combine this transition with Digital & IT and you will find state of the art solutions and applications for Essent’s 2.5 million customers. The department is working with SAFe agile, DevOps and always together with the business. IT has a simple focus in everything they do: optimisation, innovation and improvements to create perfect customer experiences. Want to read more about working in IT within Essent? click here.