As the implementing partner of Tent Partnership for Refugees, we are organizing a professional mentorship program for women with refugee backgrounds. ManpowerGroup and Refugee Talent Hub are organizing a professional mentorship program for women. For this program we are looking for female candidates with a refugee background who would like to shorten their distance to the labor market and/or would like to be supported in their search for a job!
About the Women Mentoring Program
This program will focus on the specific opportunities and challenges that female professionals may encounter in their work. As a mentee in the program, you will receive one-on-one guidance and support from a mentor from ManpowerGroup in multiple ways, including:
- Setting career goals and formulating concrete next steps for your career during the 6 of the mentor program;
- Creating/improving your CV and receiving guidance on how to create a professional LinkedIn page to present yourself better on the Dutch labor market;
- Preparing for future job interviews by practicing interview questions, and discussing how to follow up;
- Enhancing networking skills and learning how to identify opportunities to grow your network.
On the one hand, your mentor will share his/her knowledge, skills, and professional network with you. On the other hand, your mentor can also learn a lot from you! During the physical meetings and online check-ins, you will learn more about each other, work in general, and ManpowerGroup in particular.
ManpowerGroup is a world leader in workforce solutions. Manpowergroup operates in more than 80 countries offering its clients innovative employment solutions. Every day, they connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world. ManpowerGroup wants the right person to work at the right time and in the right place. Their goal? To bring out the best in talent!
Many refugees are eager to start working, but face difficulties when entering the Dutch labor market. As a newcomer, you may have a small professional network, know little about the Dutch labor market and find it difficult to meet employers. On top of this, women are underrepresented on the Dutch labor market. Nearly half of the women in the Netherlands are not financially independent. For women with a refugee background, that percentage is even higher. Through this mentor program, ManpowerGroup offers an opportunity to help you overcome these challenges and empower women!
What do we expect from you?
- You identify as a woman;
- You have a refugee background;
- You would like to increase your chances on the labor market;
- You are present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
- From the 9th of June on, you can meet once every week with your mentor, either in-person or online over the course of 6 months;
- Must: your English is at a sufficient level to participate in this mentor program;
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to get the most out of the mentor program;
- You have access to a computer (with camera) and internet, which is necessary for video calls.
- Kick-off (online): 9 June 2023
- First check-in (online): 7 July 2023
- Second check-in (online): 8 September 2023
- Third check-in (online): 6 October 2023
- Closing event (online): 8 December 2023
How do I register?
So, are you unsure which next steps to take in your career? Are you interested in learning how to get the most out of job interviews? Do you want to expand your professional network and get in touch with the right people? Then sign up for the new ManpowerGroup Women Mentor Program!
- Please make sure that your CV has been uploaded;
- If you are selected, we expect you to be present during the online and live events (see Important dates);
- The registration deadline is on May 9th 2023.
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact us at email@example.com. We hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful professional development opportunity!